You are viewing the article What is Speaker Array? The pros and cons of Array speakers you need to know when choosing a sound system at Tnhelearning.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Speaker Array is the type of speaker that is commonly used in parties, stages, halls, … with excellent sound quality. So what is Array speaker? What are the advantages and disadvantages you need to know when choosing to buy Array speakers for your sound system? Let’s find out with Tnhelearning.edu.vn now!
What is Speaker Array?
Speaker Array is also known as Line Array . This is an audio system that is linked from individual speakers to form a homogeneous speaker block with wire rows, with extremely large power and extremely wide coverage.
When installed, the speaker is often hung overhead, on the frame or placed on the subwoofer to help the sound spread strongly, the sound quality is bigger and more powerful. Therefore, Array speakers bring an impression to users and are widely used in large stages, wedding parties, concerts, …
Features and construction of Array . speakers
- Speaker mounts with compact dimensions are designed close together.
- The central system is equipped with compression technology to help the speaker operate with large capacity, spreading the sound in a wide range.
- Some speakers use modern magnet systems with strong magnetic force designed to be easy to mount and use.
- Delivering good, accurate sound quality with the perfect combination of high, mid, and low frequency bands because the speakers are designed and manufactured in a uniform pattern.
- Users can arrange and arrange the Array speaker in any direction to suit their needs. If loudspeakers are used at public broadcasts they will be oriented in vertical arrays providing a very narrow output pattern.
- Horizontal line arrays have a tall vertical pattern and a very narrow output pattern.
- On the stage, you can arrange a row of vertical subwoofers to replace the horizontal array.
- Before the signal is fed, they are adjusted to a different shape.
The principle of operation of the Array . speaker
The operating principle of the Array speaker is arranged and evenly distributed the sound quality , so the sound emitted is very accurate and has strong sound quality, spreading over an area of thousands of hectares (ha).
Array speakers are stacked together to form a row or column, helping to distribute the appropriate and perfect high, mid, and low frequency bands, delivering excellent audio products, so many customers trust them.
The device is not only widely used in large stages, but you can also use the indoor Array speaker as a sound system. The product has a fan-shaped sound distribution mechanism, the horizontal scanning angle is about 80 – 120 degrees and the vertical angle is 20 degrees . Therefore, you can change the aspect ratio of the scan angle depending on your needs.
Line Array speaker pros and cons
To have a detailed evaluation and choose to buy the right Line Array speaker product, please refer to some of the pros and cons below:
- The design is luxurious, modern and extremely compact , so you can easily move it anywhere and put it in the house without fear of taking up space.
- Array speakers are equipped with a multi-purpose hanger system, allowing users to comfortably align the speaker’s coverage angle to suit their needs.
- Good sound quality, accurate.
- Very good sensitivity.
- Powerful performance, high sound magnification.
- Much cost-effective compared to traditional speakers, because it has the ability to enlarge the sound in an area of thousands of hectares (ha), helping to serve a large audience.
- Due to the strong operating capacity and great sound quality, the speaker must be placed at least 5m away from the listener.
- Although more economical than traditional speakers, the cost of an Array speaker is also quite high .
- Installation is quite complicated and difficult, requiring the installer to have high expertise.
- Speakers used close to the listener bring bad sound quality, only good when listening from a distance.
In short, the Line Array speaker is a device suitable for large music parties, programs and events, serving thousands of people and a large area. If you want to use Array speakers indoors, then you can equip one – two Array speakers (depending on the area of the house space) and adjust the ratio of the scanning angle for better sound quality!
Compare Line Array Active and Line Array Passive speakers
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of Line Array Active and Line Array Passive speakers:
|Line Array Active Speaker
|Line Array Passive Speakers
How to properly install Array speakers
To install the Array speaker properly, you can hang it up or place it directly on the ground. For example, right at the stage, most of the Array speakers will be hung up high, because then the speakers will operate at maximum capacity and the coverage angle helps to bring great sound quality.
If you use the Array speaker to replace the indoor sound system, the device can still be used well and promote its outstanding advantages.
Because the Array speaker works according to the mechanism of a fan with a horizontal scanning angle of about 80 – 120 degrees and 20 degrees at a vertical angle , depending on your needs, you can customize the scan ratio accordingly.
Please refer to some models of karaoke systems and amps that are doing business at Tnhelearning.edu.vn:
Above article introduces what is Array speaker? Advantages and disadvantages you need to know when choosing to buy Array speakers for your sound system. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below for a timely response!
Thank you for reading this post What is Speaker Array? The pros and cons of Array speakers you need to know when choosing a sound system at Tnhelearning.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.