You are viewing the article What is an amp? Learn the functions, experience of choosing to buy an amp for the audio system at Tnhelearning.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
In a complete audio system, an amplifier is an indispensable device, contributing to a better audio signal. In the following article. Let’s learn about the functions and classification of amply with Tnhelearning.edu.vn!
What is an amp? Structure of the amp
Amply full name is amplifier – very important electronic device to help receive audio signal and amplify signal. When an electrical device is inserted into the amplifier, it amplifies it and transmits it to the transmitter.
Amply consists of many parts such as: Power block, power and protection block, display block, processing circuit, … In which, there are 3 parts of the amplifier that users should note that are power transformer, capacitor power filter, power electronic circuit.
- Power Transformer: The most expensive and required part of an amp. The size of the power transformer will be proportional to the power of the amp. The larger the amp’s transformer is, the higher the power will be. In addition, the power transformer is also capable of transferring currents through storage devices and filter capacitors through symmetrical DC voltage.
- Source filter capacitor: The main function is to store electrical energy for electronic devices and amps, making the current more stable.
- Power electronic circuit: This is the most important part of the amplifier, so it is usually produced with an amplifier circuit that has a realistic sound, less noise and has good anti-distortion ability.
Functions of the amp
Through the amplifier you can listen to the sound coming from other devices. You need to choose an amp with a capacity suitable for the speaker capacity to be able to output the best signal. In addition, the amplifier also supports amplification features in audio systems:
- Announcement sound system: Use an amplifier to amplify as well as integrate an internal sound filter. You should choose an amp that matches the power of the new speaker to produce the best sound quality. In addition, an amp with the same impedance as the speaker must be selected.
- Karaoke audio equipment: Has the effect of pushing the power and filtering the sound better to create a more standard sound quality. Besides, it also provides additional effects such as echo, delay, repeat or increase/decrease bass, mid, treble, … creating smoother sound.
- Stage sound equipment: Amply works to push the power of the speaker, not to filter the sound.
Push the power and filter the sound more clearly
Also from this, when there is an amplifier, it will help echo thicker and smoother at the signal outputs. Amplifiers are often used in large-scale auditorium and stage audio equipment.
Push louder speaker power
This function is often applied in hall and stage sound equipment. The task of the amplifier now is to push the speaker capacity larger to suit the user’s requirements, not filter the sound.
Classification of amps on the market
There are 4 ways to classify amps on the market today:
Based on channel number
- 2-channel amplifier: This type of amplifier has an amplifier with a number of outputs of 2.
- 4-channel amplifier: Similar to a 2-channel amplifier, this is also an amplifier with an amplifier according to the number of output channels of 4 channels, giving listeners more excellent sound quality.
Based on configuration and function
- Pre-amplifier: Your sound will be amplified from the source at the lowest signal level to a higher signal level, then transmitted to the power amplifier.
- Power amplifier amplifier: From a pre-amplifier, a power amplifier can become an intermediate device to help amplify the signal at a moderate level and transmit it to the speaker.
- Integrated Amply: An integrated amplifier that includes both a pre-amplifier and a power amplifier block, instead of being separated like the two above.
- Dual mono Amply: Consists of 2 left and right channels arranged together in one case. Although the two channels have exactly the same design, they operate independently of each other.
- Monoblock Amply: Is the opposite form of amplifier to Dual mono Amply, although it also has 2 left and right channels, but located in 2 different cases, they are generally quite bulky.
Based on the technology used
Currently, there are quite a few amps that own many different types of technology such as:
- Transistor amplifier technology.
- Electronic bulb (tub) amplification technology.
- Digital circuit amplification technology.
- Amply uses hybrid amplifier technology including: Lamp, semiconductor and digital.
Based on operating mode
When looking at the specifications of the Amply, we see that there are parameters such as: Class A, B, AB, C, D, … That’s how to call the operating modes of Amply depending on the circuit design principle. amplification of the amp.
- Class A amp : Has an efficiency of about 20%, the remaining 80% of the energy is dissipated as heat, so it is very hot when running. In return, the Class A Amplifier has extremely low distortion and the most natural sound.
- Amply class B: Has an efficiency of about 80%, the remaining 20% is dissipated as heat, so it is very cool when running. But class B has great distortion and bad sound, so it is rarely used in high-end audio circuits.
- Class AB amplifier: The output power is greater than class A and the distortion is less than class B. With an efficiency of about 45 – 60%, Class AB is currently used in low frequency amplifier circuits.
- Class C Amplifier: Class C amplifiers are commonly used in high power radio frequency amplifier circuits. Higher efficiency than class A, B and AB amplifier circuits.
- Class D amplifier: very high efficiency, over 80% and can reach 97% at peak. So the amount of loss on the amplifier stage is very small. class D is used in subwoofer amplifier circuits because of its limited bandwidth and ability to avoid distortion.
In addition, there are some types of amplifier classes such as: Class G, Class DG, Class H,…
Experience choosing to buy an amp for the sound system
Amplifiers are well known for their applicability and produce good sound quality especially when paired with speakers or headphones. Therefore, you should consider and choose to buy an amp that is suitable for your audio system as follows:
- You should check the external appearance of the amp to see if the product is new, has scratches or not, … to choose a quality product with intact stamps.
- If the amplifier is combined with the speaker, you should choose an amp with a capacity more than twice the capacity of the speaker , so the amp and the new speaker can work effectively.
- To test the power of the amp, the buyer must listen to the bass part of the sound . If the bass is loose or slow, it means that your amp does not have enough power to operate.
- To test the amp’s tension, buyers should pay attention to the speed and depth of the sound when increasing the volume.
Notes to use the amplifier effectively
To use the amp most effectively, you should pay attention to the following usage to make sure the amp works best for the best sound quality:
- When connecting amplifiers with different audio devices, it is necessary to ensure the best and surest connection contact . During use , do not move the amp so as not to affect the sound quality.
- When connecting the jacks, absolutely do not let the speaker jacks touch each other , because it causes a circuit break and can damage the amplifier.
- Avoid letting the amp overload the speakers.
- Keeping safe when using, should turn off the amp and then make connections with other audio devices.
- Speakers should not overlap and neither should the amp . The distance between devices should be between 5 – 10cm. If you let the devices overlap, it will create a huge heat source and create a magnetic field that greatly affects the sound quality of the amp.
Above is the definition of amp as well as its function and classification. Hope this article can provide you with a lot of useful information. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below!
Thank you for reading this post What is an amp? Learn the functions, experience of choosing to buy an amp for the audio system at Tnhelearning.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.